Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Educational technology vs Technology Integration

It was 4 years ago, while I was researching on the edtech graduate programs, I realized that Educational Technology to me always meant Technology in Education or Technology Integration. Ofcourse, I did change my view about the field once I realised that I was wrong. It does mean more than the words "Education" and "Technology" by itself. It is an entire world of Instructional Technology and Learning Technology. It is also not limited to education for children but also includes adults.

When I tell people that I am an educational technologist or an instructional designer, not a lot of them do know about the field. I have always tried to explain in the simplest words I can ....
It is a field where we help people learn better by designing effective instruction and use the appropriate technology

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home