Monday, September 26, 2005

Definition then and Now

In my first semester at the edtech program, I was asked to define what I thought Edtech was and this what I defined it.

Then - When I say then, it means it was at the beginning of the semester in Edtech in Spring 2002. When I was asked to define Instructional design at the beginning of the semester I defined it from an Engineer’s point of view, as I did my under graduation in Engineering. This is how I had defined it.

I agree with Coldeway when he states, “Instructional Design is actually a hybrid made up of concepts in Learning Theory, Systems Engineering, Instructional Technology and Organizational Development. It is a systematic attempt to organize procedures and methods of demonstrated effectiveness in the educational context.”

Now - When I said now, this was the definition I came up with at the end of my first class in Edtech in 2002.
The field of Instructional design and technology encompasses the analysis of learning and performance problems, and the design and development, implementation, evaluation and management of instructional and non-instructional processes and resources intended to improve learning and performance in a variety of settings, particularly educational institutions and the workplace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home